Energy Based Devices (EBD), includes vessel sealing, electrosurgical and ablation products and related capital equipment. Close Energy-based Devices utilize multiple types of energy such as radio frequency (mono-polar and bi-polar), microwave, argon plasma, etc. to obtain a specific, intended tissue effect during surgical or therapeutic procedures in multiple clinical settings around the world. Current product areas include electro-surgery, vessel sealing and tissue/tumor ablation.
A Day in the Life
- The Sales Rep. II is responsible for achieving sales revenue through generating orders through clinical/operating room selling of the products.
- Achieving secondary sales targets month on month ( How- be present in OTs at least 4 times a week, 4 quality sales calls every day, Key account management, key account profiles for top 5 accounts in the respective territory )
- Achieving Focus product targets – both quantity and value – month on month ( How - OT presence- 4times a week, minimum of 4 sales calls per day, collecting data on competitive product usage and types of surgeries performed, product demonstrations, proactive product evaluations )
- Account Management: Driving sales targets for the assigned Class of Trade (COT)
- Customer relationship management
- Recommending and organizing marketing activities
- Should have worked in Operation Theatre environment and should be well versed with the procedures”
- Establishing long-term medical-scientific/strategic relationships with Key Opinion Leaders(KOL’s) and with related major medical associations and academic Centers of Excellence (COE’s)
- Acting as a medical-scientific expert between Covidien and the medical community through the communication of medical-scientific evidence-based data.
- Organizing CME’s [Continuing Medical Education] and other marketing activities as approved by the marketing team in conjunction with the Regional Managers.
- Timely reporting of weekly reports and trackers for focus products