- Career Advice
- Salaries & Legal
- About us
- Shortlisted Jobs
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership in the Retail channel for the region.
This will include consolidating and revamping the distributor network, Accessing new channels and markets and building capabilities within the team.
The team to support the agenda of building leadership positions in chosen OEM Franchise network, Independent Workshops and Lube selling Outlets.
The agenda will include working with distributors and raise the distributor capabilities in the area of operation
This role reports to Executive Vice President Retail Sales based in Mumbai
1. Deliver top-quartile performance in a hugely competitive market led by well established and entrenched Global MNC’s.
2. Recruiting, training and retaining resources, both people and Distributors.
3. Balancing Volume and Margin delivery agenda
4. Creating Brand advocacy at the trade and Workshop level
5. Taking price increases in a very volatile Raw Material Market.
6. Creating a culture of passion and conviction in the team
7. Deepen relationships with the customers
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Lead the strategic agenda for Retail channels in line with agreed 2020-21 Strategy.
2. Accountable for business deliverables of Volume (profitable), Margin, Costs, Net Margin and market share increase
3. Inculcate a culture of Passion and Customer eccentricity within the team.
4. Drive and implement best-in-class distribution and distribution processes.
5. Lead the capability agenda and personally be responsible for ‘On-the-job” training of field staff.
6. Energize and inspire the team and the entire sales network.
7. Deliver on key initiatives of strategy – Independent Workshops, Retail transformation, distribution expansion, Rural penetration and brand visibility
8. Grow volumes profitably at a CAGR of 25%
Graduate, preferably in Engineering. MBA qualifications would be added advantage.
Experience of 12-15 years of which 5-7 years in leading Sales Teams across geographies.
Experience to be in relevant categories with experience of handling distributors through varied business cycles and turnaround/ change would be highly desirable