- Is involved in formulating the overall project assignment and having the assignment and plan approved by management, in consultation with the relevant functions and other stakeholders/parties involved, on base of requirements and business case.
- Ensures Requirements and business case are defined, completed and approved.
- Builds and maintains the project organization, chooses the way of working and selects the adequate tools (tailors the approach to the specific project) and defines the interfaces with other functions, internal and external Philips
- Defines the risks of the project (f.e. specs, costs, planning, etcetera) and develops scenarios to overcome these risks.
- Involves in product design, ensure replication of commercial and regulatory requirement in technical form.
- Participate in product design review, DFMEA, function prove, supplier selection, engineering builds and product testing.
- Directs project team and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organizationally (where necessary, directs sub-Project Leaders).
- Is responsible for implementation and realization according to the project plan (specification, quality, time, money, information) and organization.
- Is responsible for quality initiatives to ensure quality deliverables of subsystems delivered.
- Deploys process improvements and makes the project organization efficient and transparent, in-line with departmental and project processes
- Represents the project team in the business and provides business management with regular project performance status updates, variances to plan and identification of corrective actions
- Manages internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge.
- Reports on project team’s performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of appraisal and makes proposals for training the project members when shortcomings are observed
Specific knowledge of technical engineering of the Domestics Appliances and Professional knowledge of
Product development methods and estimation techniques (resources, time and risks). Soft skills like people
Management, team management. Negotiation skills managing subcontractors.
- Ability to work in cross functional and/or virtual teams
- Communication and conflict solving skills
- Understands Supplier capability
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong Analytical skills
- Proactive approach, self organized
- Maturity and understanding
- Commercial Awareness – Costing, Business case, Value chain
- Sound knowledge and hands on experience on Plastics, Die Casting, Sheet metal and rubber
- Knowledge of various metals, plastics material and their applications.
- Ability to prioritize time and resources to meet project commitments.
- Ability to follow and define processes using lean engineering/principles and ensures a relentless drive on continuous quality.
- Tech savvy, Action oriented, Drives results, Optimizes work in progress, Ensures accountability, Nimble learning, Collaborates