I. Drive execution and closure of various M&A transactions.
- The nature of transactions candidate will need to deal with – asset transfers, business transfers, share purchases and investments, mergers. Transactions will be in India and across other jurisdictions.
- Conduct legal due diligence, identify and analyze key legal risks and recommend solutions to address or mitigate the risks.
- Coordinate with various internal teams (including tax, finance, regulatory, company secretary, insurance, quality and business) to ensure that their diligence findings are adequately captured in the form of a condition precedent, representation and warranty or in any other form in the definitive agreements to protect company’s interest.
- Draft documentation, independently participate in negotiations with the counter parties and finalize various contracts / agreements / documents, with minimal participation, involvement of and supervision by her manager.
- Attend to completion/closing of a transaction with minimal supervision by her manager.
II. Provide adequate support to the respective businesses w.r.t. all M&A matters to ensure adherence to specific state/country laws and regulations.
- Coordinate closely with the centres of excellence to ensure that the business practices and procedures being followed are in line with applicable laws & legislation.
- Prepare and provide observations to the Businesses regarding legal and commercial risks associated with transactions and their potential impact on business and suggest appropriate mitigating measures.
III. Provide support to business teams for deal origination
- Assist M&A business teams in the deal sourcing and origination process through preparation and review of confidentiality agreements, term sheets, non-binding offers, within short time-lines