MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
Global Business Partnering
- Business Partner for Onshore Finance/Operations regional leadership team, member of Pune FP&A leadership team.
- Proactively Align with x functional Leadership teams in assessing their needs/challenges, translating that into action items for Pune PF&A team on the process for potential solutions, having regular conversations with stakeholders on course correction & re-prioritization, addressing escalations within reasonable time frame.
- Contribute for the overall success of Pune FP&A COE by engaging in leadership initiatives. Owning & driving assigned Pune FP&A COE KPI’s across the teams.
- Partnering with regional leadership teams (US, Europe & AMEA) in building the yearly plans, quarterly forecasts & ensuring smooth month end closures.
- Educating the business partners proactively on potential threats (beyond Plan/FCST). Exploring & suggesting on the revenue increase, cost saving/Margin expansion opportunities.
Driving Business Priorities/ Results
- Support regional/segment/country leaders by developing CoE models and process champions by functional areas within Pune FP&A team.
- Driving the revenue analytics such as Price Volume Mix Analysis & Customer Pass Through Analysis, Gap Analysis, lost business analysis etc .
- Ensuring all the accurate costs are charged to respective function/department cost centers and eliminate non market driven surprises (Double payments/wrong payments) before the month end by analyzing the cost frequently.
- Enable Pune FP&A team to deliver Month End Performance Review decks for Leadership with actionable insights and drivers behind the variances.
- Driving Centralized Working Capital & Capex budgeting models by collaborating with various finance/accounting & operations teams. Regular Business Partnering with project managers to observe the changing business priorities and placing proactive controls & measures in tracking the progress of Capital Projects.
- Continuous assessment of the existing process and Identifying and Adopting the best practices across the regions.
- Offering extended Support in business specific/global level special projects.
- SLA/KPI Management: Accountable for Pune FP&A Team member’s SLA/KPI Targets. Own the targets cascaded, driving & ensuring that the team is able to meet the individual targets in terms of Quality & Delivery, Automation, Standardization and Documentation.
- Ad-hoc Support to the Functions/ Regions/ BU with relevant & useful financial information and facilitate/contribute for effective decision-making process.
- Managing Transitions: Process study, Due diligence, Planning, monitoring & Tracking the progress, ensuring successful Go-Live by facilitating a seamless transition.
- Drive Analytics Culture in Pune FP&A Team. Provide Decision support and highlight potential Improvement Areas & Opportunities of the business.
- Transform business/financial processes. Drive continuous improvements and add value to the process through Harmonizing, Simplifying, Standardizing, de-commissioning & automating the activities/reports.
- Adopt The Best Practices - Identify & Adopt the best practices from other businesses/teams.
- Implement ABS Practices, Reflect ICARE values in Pune FP&A team’s deliverables.
- Ensuring Business Continuity by having updated Process Documentations, Knowledge Transfers, Cross Trainings & backups etc.
- Recruiting the right talent by partnering with onshore stakeholders & HR Talent Acquisition teams.
- Role Allocation, Process On-Boarding & training, setting the goals & objectives for the team members.
- Skill Set Gap Analysis of the team & Capability Building through necessary trainings, Feedbacks for Team member’s continuous Improvements.
- Reward & Recognitions, Handling appraisals (PMP), Career aspirations/Planning discussions, Placing Early Warning Systems and taking necessary actions for the potential attritions and Succession planning etc.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance. CA/ICWAI/CPA/MBA Finance from reputed universities.
- 10+ years of experience in Finance preferably in FP&A from MNC’s Captive Finance Shared Services Organizations/Global Centers.
- Should have independently managed FP&A responsibilities mainly in revenue planning of the MNC organizations.
- Proven track record of cost savings in the COGS, Selling, General & Administrative cost of the MNC’s.
- Minimum 5-8 years of People Management Experience with a track record of Recruiting/developing Talent, Skill Set Gap Analysis & Capability Building, Feedbacks for Team member’s continuous Improvements, Reward & Recognitions, Handling Appraisals, Succession planning etc..
- Prior experience in Working with Pharma companies preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean training preferred, but not mandatory.
- A candidate with working knowledge of the wide-ranging aspects of the finance such as FP&A, Accounting, Integrated Supply Chain & Costing is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Transformation mindset - Open to accept, adopt, absorb the change in way of working, structure and Content.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders. Ability to work with executives, managers, and stakeholders from various regions/functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical skills; demonstrated leadership abilities, and the ability to manage multiple priorities of the leadership in a highly dynamic & fast paced environment.
- Computer Proficiency with MS Office, Tableau, Alteryx/ QlikView/ Power BI, SAP & HFM.
- Strong affinity with LEAN processes and tools.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical skills
- Independent, self-starter, highly motivated